We were thrilled when Simply Earth sent us their June 2020 Essential Oil Recipe Box to review. We eagerly made the EO recipes from the box, which we share below.
But first, why were we so thrilled about the Simply Earth Box?
Well, if you’re new to DIY beauty, want to make DIY natural products for your home, or if you’re simply overwhelmed by all the supplies you will need to get started, the folks at Simply Earth have a solution.
What is the Simply Earth Recipe Box?
The Simply Earth Box is a monthly subscription box that provides 4 full size, 100% pure, therapeutic grade essential oils for only $39, plus free shipping in the US.
The box also comes with all the ingredients and containers you will need to create 5-6 natural, toxin-free recipes, with a new theme every month.
Did we also mention that each Simply Earth Box is valued at $100+? That’s pretty impressive, considering we know how much DIY supplies can set you back, especially when you’re first starting your DIY journey.
As we mentioned, we made 6 natural recipes from the June 2020 box which we thought was pretty incredible considering the low price. Simply Earth really strives to make both their essential oils and their recipes economical.
Directly from the Simply Earth site:
“Each box is $100+ value compared to the big essential oil companies. Plus, you get a FREE Big Bonus Box your first month when you subscribe today.“
Additionally, when you sign up, you will also receive Simply Earth’s FREE Big Bonus Box (a $44.84 value) with your subscription. More on the Bonus Box below.
Plus, if you subscribe for the first time using our link and our coupon code, ALIFEADJACENTFREE, you will receive a $40 gift card with your initial subscription box and bonus box.
You can use then use the $40 gift card on a future purchase or on your next Simply Earth Essential Oil Recipe Box.
Now, let’s get into what’s inside the June 2020 box.
Simply Earth June 2020 Recipe Box
The theme of the June 2020 box is all about healing and relief. This box will allow you make 6 toxin-free and natural recipes that will help treat sunburn, insect bites, minor burns and other skin irritations.
Here’s exactly what you get in your June 2020 subscription box:
- 4 full-size, pure therapeutic grade essential oils (specific oils listed below)
- 6 toxin-free recipes, on handy recipe cards
- Pretty adhesive labels for your creations
- Plus, all the extras you need to make the natural recipes
Why Choose Simply Earth Essential Oils?
Simply Earth promises the purest essential oils on Earth, and they’ve worked hard to source 100% pure essential oils from ethical farms from around the world.
They promise that their oils are ethically sourced, GC/MS tested, and contain no additives. Simply Earth oils are also free of artificial fragrances and fillers.
Besides, the benefit of pure essential oils, Simply Earth gives 13% of its profits to fight against Human Trafficking.
So, you can feel good knowing that some of your money is going towards a worthwhile cause.
What Essential Oils are Inside the Simply Earth June 2020 box?
Inside the June box, we received 4 full-sized therapeutic essential oils. We also received a handy infographic on the back of one of the recipe cards which outlined the uses of the essential oils included in the box.
According to the information provided by Simply Earth, these are the benefits of the following essential oils:
- Lavender Essential Oil: calms and heals skin, kills germs and relieves pain and allergies
- Cardamom Essential Oil: a warming oil that aids in pain relief, digestion and alertness. Also acts as a natural decongestant.
- Timber Essential Oil Blend: this masculine scented oil is a blend of Cypress, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Peru Balsam and Mandarin. The Timber Blend calms and supports skin health.
- Bumps and Boo Boos Blend: a blend of Helichrysum, Lavender, Tea Tree and Lemon which kills germs and heals the skin.
Additional Natural Ingredients Included in the Simply Earth Box
Also, inside the June box:
Dried Calendula Flowers — also known as marigold flowers. Calendula is known for its skin-healing and antimicrobial properties.
It’s ideal for use in skin soothing salves and its infused oil can be used for treating minor burns or skin irritations. Calendula is also a wonderful herb for use in the treatment of dry skin or acne.
Aloe Vera Gel — this gel is soothing, healing, cooling, and antibacterial. It’s the main ingredient in the Skin Healing Gel recipe, which you will also find in the June box.
The aloe vera gel included in the box can also be used to make DIY hand sanitizer, if you have any left over.
The Simply Earth Big Bonus Box
As mentioned, when you sign up for a monthly subscription, you will also receive the Big Bonus Box for FREE. Valued at $44.84.
Included in the Bonus Box:
- 6 roller bottles
- 6 essential oils bottles
- A 12 oz (355 ml) jar of coconut oil
- 4 oz (118 ml) bottle of fractionated coconut oil
- 2 oz of pure beeswax pellets
Essential Oil Recipes from the Simply Earth June 2020 Box
The June 2020 box contains 6 essential oil recipes. The recipes are provided on handy recipe cards.
On the back of the recipe cards, you will also find more information about the ingredients and the oils in your box.
You can also be assured that every recipe is crafted, tested, and approved by the Simply Earth’s team of AHA-certified aromatherapists. Their team is committed to perfecting and trying each recipe thoroughly!
Simply Earth Promo Code
Before we get into the recipes, don’t forget to use our promo code ALIFEADJACENTFREE when you subscribe to Simply Earth’s Essential Oil Recipe Box.
When you subscribe using our code and link, you will receive a $40 gift card with your boxes! Use this gift card on a future purchase, or on your next Essential Oil Recipe Box.
Remember that if you subscribe today, you’ll also receive the blue Big Bonus Box for FREE!
Plus, if you’re not ready to commit to the subscription box, but still want to try Simply Earth essential oils, you can purchase their essential oils and their carrier oils separately.
Simply Earth also sells diffusers, extra bottles and gorgeous diffuser bracelets on their site.
Now, onto the recipes.
DIY Burn Salve
This salve is useful for soothing minor burns, or the pain from sunburn. Apply to minor irritations, and enjoy its cooling, soothing, and healing relief.
- 1 tbsp Beeswax Pellets
- 1/2 cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 20 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 40 drops Bumps and Boo-Boos Essential Oil Blend
- Small container with a lid, such as this one
- Melt the fractionated coconut oil and beeswax, using the double boiler method. Stir the mixture to combine.
- Remove the mixture from the heat. Allow to cool slightly before adding the essential oils.
- Pour the burn salve into a small container with a lid to keep it fresh.
DIY Calendula Infused Oil
You can use this calendula infused oil for slow healing wounds and insect bites. Alternatively, you can use it as a carrier oil in the burn salve.
- 0.1 oz Dried Calendula Flowers
- 3/4 cup Avocado Oil (included in the blue bonus box) or another carrier oil
- A few drops Vitamin E Oil to help prevent oxidation (optional)
- Cheesecloth or fine mesh sieve
- 6-8 oz sealable, clear, airtight jar
- Place the dried calendula flowers into your jar. Pour your carrier oil over the flowers.
- Seal the jar and place it in a sunny spot. A window sill is ideal.
- Let the mixture infuse for 2-3 weeks. Shake daily.
- Once the mixture is finished infusing, use cheesecloth or a fine sieve to remove the dried calendula petals.
Sleek and Smooth DIY Shaving Butter
This recipe is perfect for a smooth shave and will leave your skin feeling soft and hydrated. It also contains NO artificial colours or fragrances, such as those contained in many store-bought shaving creams. Made without shea butter.
- 1/2 cup solid Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp. Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 20 drops Simply Earth Timber Essential Oil Blend
- Whip solid coconut oil in a bowl with a spoon until soft.
- Add fractionated coconut oil and essential oil blend.
- Use an electric mixer or small hand blender for 3-5 minutes, or until the consistency is light and fluffy.
DIY Skin Healing Gel
For use on bumps and boo-boos to gently soothe skin, and to support the natural healing process.
- 2 oz Aloe Vera Gel
- 1/2 tsp. Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 20 drops Bumps & Booboos Essential Oil Blend
- Combine all ingredients in a sealable container. Mix well.
Digest Help Essential Oil Roller Bottle Recipe
Apply this roller bottle recipe to pulse points and to the abdomen to soothe nausea and digestive upset.
- 3 drops Cardamon Essential Oil
- 3 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 10 ml Fractionated Coconut Oil or other carrier oil
- 10 ml Roller Bottle
- Add the essential oils to a roller bottle. Swirl gently.
- Next, add the carrier oil.
- Put on the cap and shake to combine ingredients.
No Stress Essential Oil Roller Bottle Recipe
This calming essential oil recipe eases feelings of stress and overwhelm.
- 1 drop Cardamon Essential Oil
- 3 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 1 drop Timber Essential Oil Blend
- Diffuser or Roller Bottle (optional alternative)
- Add to diffuser to diffuse in your home.
- For a roller bottle recipe, add oils along with 10 ml of carrier oil of choice and place in a roller bottle.
Pin it for later
More DIY Recipes with Essential Oils
- DIY Essential Oil Room Spray
- DIY Air Freshener Jars with Essential Oils
- Aromatherapy DIY Shower Steamers with Essential Oils
- Homemade Pink Lemonade Tub Tea